Friday, May 21, 2010

how does your garden grow?

So, I'm in YW at church and I'm working on my personal progress (again). Oh, the irony.

So, one of my faith value projects is to plant, care for, and harvest a vegetable garden. In the 3 years we've lived in this house, I've wanted to do exactly that. But I just never have.

But this year, I had a reason. I thought and thought about what to plant. I'm the only one in our family who likes tomatoes. I'm the only one who likes squashy veggies. Are you sensing a trend, here?

So, I'm like, if I'm the only one who's going to even eat this stuff, why am I planting again?

Oh, yeah. Personal progress.

Then I had a brilliant idea. I like salsa fresca. For reals. I do. Who doesn't? So instead of the zucchini you can't make into bread because nobody eats it and then it's like 3 feet long and you can't even give it away...I've planted a salsa garden. Tomatoes, jalapenos, onions, and cilantro. It's in a 4 x 4 square.

My little helpers helped me prep the site last Saturday...My garden grows with kid-power! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Lisa May 21, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

Nice job, DB. That salsa will taste AMAZING.

kay May 23, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

looks like you're growing kids, too. There's 5 there, not 4.

Charlotte May 30, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

Hehe I did this value project too last year! This year I am making the YW take care of my garden so they can get their project done!!

Post a Comment