Tuesday, February 22, 2011

And His Name Is...Saka!

On Sunday, we picked up the most recent addition to our family. His name is Saka. (For those of you who don't get the reference, my boys LOVE Avatar: The Last Airbender the Nickelodeon cartoon - see here: http://nicktoons.nick.com/shows/avatar/) The brother on the show is named Saka and he and his sister are from the frozen lands. Since Saka is a white German, we thought the name fit.


Oh, you thought I was announcing the new baby? Sadly, no. We still have 28 days until Bunker5 (no, I'm still not revealing his name) arrives.

Here's a picture of Steve, Abby, Will, Georgia (our 9 month old German) and Saka (our 9 week old German). Georgia is a girl dog and Saka is a boy dog. On the way home from Draper, Jake kept saying, it's okay Saka, we're taking you to meet your new bride. The things that kid says.

Speaking of the car ride, Steve was driving our Accord (because our va
n was in accident and totaled V-Day weekend) and me and 3 of the kids were in it. Saka didn't want to be in the car. In fact, he went totally beserk-0 (also a Jake quote). I had him on my lap b/c my hips were ravaged from church and I couldn't drive the manual transmission b/c of the pain. (28 days. 28 days. 28 days. I have to repeat this to myself when it seems like pregnancy will never end).

Those of you who know me know I'm not a dog (or any animal) person. Wrestling this little fella was not a picnic for me. In the midst of the mayhem on the freeway (the kids were going at it in the back seat, too) Steve missed our freeway exit. The next exit results in at least a 10-15 min extension of the trip. Literally 3 miles from the house (after the detour) Saka decides to let me know why he's been hating me in the car.

AND HE VOMITS ALL OVER ME.

So, covered in dog barf with the kids yelling "ew gross" from the backseat, I'm begging Steve to roll down the window before I lose it. (Pregnancy and the sense of smell and my weak gag reflex not a good combo). By the grace of God I made it the last 2 miles home with my head out the window. We pulled up to the house and I got cleaned up. Saka seemed much better (must've been carsick or just stressed from the car) and met his "bride."

Here's a little video, for those of you who love my kids so much you'll be patient with the fact that it's pretty boring. Yes, those are my pregnant legs and yes that is my pregnant belly and yes (to all you boys I consistently refer to as Pills - you know who you are) I can still get bigger and probably will. (28 days).

Love to you all,
The Bunkers
Steve, Meredith, Sam, Jake, Will, Abby, Bunker5, Georgia, and Saka

ps - for those of you who wonder why a person who dislikes animals as much as I do has two dogs, look back up at the smile on Steve's face in the picture above. These are his dogs and he loves 'em lots. What can I say? I'd do just about anything for that man. :)

1 comments:

Joseph Adams February 24, 2011 at 7:35 PM  

Michelle told me that you want to make a shirt for me that says "Pill" on it. If you did, I would wear it every time we came to your house.
Maybe I could make a shirt for you that says "Babymaker" with an arrow pointing up to your face. Perhaps a little more marketable than "I make milk, what's your superpower?"

Post a Comment