Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Off Topic

So, as is our usual custom at casa Bunker, as I'm trying to feed, bathe, dress, and then dump my kids in bed by myself every night, I usually start making up silly songs - to pass the time, to move slow movers along, to quell the crying, and keep myself sane.

no - do not ask me why insanity keeps us sane. just accept that it does. i know i do.

be that as it may, i started singing an alphabet song to the tune of the dinosaur abcs for all you privileged enough to be familiar with the pbs show dinosaur train. it went like this...

"a for abby katie
b for bunker baby
c for cutie katie
d is for

at this moment my mind goes blank as to what d descriptor could be used for the beautiful child swimming away from me in the tub so in silliness i said...

d is for dog."

Will laughed. mom is so silly.
Jake laughed. seriously so silly.

Sam? Sam said and I quote: "Mom, that is off-topic."

The joys of the first grader.

I sang it again for good measure...mom is seriously so silly.

ps - for those of you who've seen the movie UP, may I just share: not long ago my boys looked out the back window and saw the neighbor's dog, Koda. They then said to me, "mom, why is Koda wearing the cone of shame?" to which I responded, "you know, I really don't know." Because really, can you imagine my boys repeating any explanation I could've given for neutering to people at church? REALLY?

1 comments:

Charlotte February 17, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

Haha that is so funny. Caroline is always saying funny stuff like that and I am like where did that come from? Miss you guys.

Post a Comment